Wednesday, July 23, 2014

going hoeing

Monday was another weeding expedition with Sydney, this time hoeing in the cabbage and kale field. It's very peaceful out in the fields. They look out onto a wide yellow marsh in one direction, the picturesque Spurwink church in another. And the neat little rows have their own picturesque beauty to them. I like weeding because it is quiet and methodical. Although the fields can look endless and the cabbage and kale rows will take four days or more to finish weeding (depending on whether it's Sydney and me, or the more practiced and graceful Pee Wee, Orlando, Neftali and Miguel), when you actually get down to doing it it seems attainable.

As I write this, at home, it's dark and hot outside. Lightning shoots across the sky occasionally, menacingly, but as of yet there's no thunder and only a light drizzle of rain. There's supposed to be a real thunderstorm tonight, which I'll admit I could sort of go for right now. I just hope it's dry by the time I bike to work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment