Sunday, August 3, 2014

colorful things at the farm stand

This past week has gotten me out into the flower garden a few times - first to weed and then to cut flowers. People are welcome to pick their own flowers by the bunch, but every morning Penny assembles a few beautiful bouquets to sell pre-cut in the stand. On Friday they were selling particularly fast (I wonder if there were a lot of birthdays that day, or if the sun just inspired everyone to get flowery?), and Penny sent me out to replenish our supply. I'm not an artist and don't really have an eye for color and that sort of thing, but trust me - it's hard to make those flowers look ugly. Here are some of my bouquets:





Don't they look pretty, mixed in with the fresh basil and parsley?

It was quite pleasant working in the flower garden, especially when a sun-shower passed over, briefly breaking the heat. I've heard these types of showers called "pineapple rain," and although I have no idea where the expression comes from, I like it. Sun-showers are yellow, watery, and sweet, so I guess the metaphor fits well.

In other photographic news, peppers are in, and they too are very photogenic. On Saturday I brought some of my mom's delicious gazpacho for lunch - at the recommendation of a customer, she added banana peppers (and extra cucumbers to temper the heat). It was definitely the best I've ever had!
Aren't peppers just the coolest?

No comments:

Post a Comment